In the past few years, strollers have gradually become a must-have item for parents. Strollers allow you to go anywhere with your kid – you can go for a walk or even joggings; and still be able to manage your kids and all his essentials with so much ease. However, the conventional baby carriage has morphed over the years into a more functional carriage. There is the umbrella stroller, the easy fold carriage, the jogger and the travel system. But, the carriage that makes a lot of difference is the stroller car seat combo. The best car seat stroller combo features essential functionalities such as straps, fasteners, easy transfer, and even a storage compartment.
This baby travel system comprises of the stroller and a detachable car seat. Not only does it afford safety for your kid, it also makes traveling convenient for parents. Instead of fiddling nonstop with the stroller anytime you arrive at your destination, a stroller car seat combo makes it all easy. Simply pick up the car seat with your little one in it, attach to the stroller and be on your way. And when you get back to the car; all you have to do is unclick the car seat from the stroller and fold the stroller up. There is no unfastening and refastening, and it is pretty quick.
Therefore, instead of buying a car seat and a stroller separately, you can cut the cost by opting for a stroller car seat combo. No hassle at all. This best car seat stroller combo review will help you make up your mind faster.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Table of Contents
- 1 CHOOSE THE BEST CAR SEAT STROLLER COMBO
- 1.1 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
- 1.2 Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System, Hounds Tooth
- 1.3 Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect Travel System Stroller, Finley
- 1.4 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom
- 1.5 Graco Aire3 Click Connect Travel System
- 1.6 Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Connect Travel System
- 1.7 FINAL VERDICT
Stroller type: just like the traditional strollers, the stroller of a travel system comes in different styles. It could be a 3-wheel stroller, a 4-wheel stroller or a jogger stroller. Before you opt for any of these, it is important to consider your needs first, since these stroller types have their merits and demerits.
While a 3-wheel stroller has a better maneuverability and a sharp turning radius; a 4-wheel stroller is more stable with a lower center of gravity. The jogger stroller on the other hand features pneumatic tires that are capable of absorbing shock and bumps. A feature that makes the jogger stroller more suitable for all kinds of terrain.
Weight: generally, a stroller car seat combo weighs more than the simple strollers; however it is still important to consider the weight of a carriage before you opt for it. For instance, although the jogger style strollers are meant for every terrain, they weigh much more than other stroller types.
Therefore, it is always best to ensure that you can easily move the car seat; and that the stroller can be easily maneuvered despite the weight of the child.
Safety: although there are regulations that demand a certain level of safety from baby carriage manufacturers, you can never be too careful. Therefore, you should know that a safe travel system should have enough restraints to keep your kid in place, while still leaving enough room for comfort.
A suitable carriage should feature shoulder, waist and crotch straps; as well as an easy braking mechanism.
Adjustable handle: while this may not be a big problem for some people, it actually matters and should be considered before opting for a travel system. An adjustable handle gives room for differences in height, especially where the both parents have to use the carriage regularly.
It is also good to know that you can buy a carriage with an adjustable handle, and not have to worry about fit.
Storage space: a carriage with this functionality can only offer more convenient. The best stroller car seat combo should have a compartment for diaper bags and other baby essentials. And if you are lucky, you could get one that has a space for your phone.
This means that you can bring along everything your kid needs whenever you go for a walk.
Collapsibility: one important feature of a stroller car seat combo is the ability to fold it when it is not in use. However, when you opt for a baby travel system, be sure you can easily collapse it without breaking into sweat.
It is based on these criteria above that the best stroller car seat combo in this review are selected.
CHOOSE THE BEST CAR SEAT STROLLER COMBO
|Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System, Hounds Tooth||621 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System | Includes the FastAction Fold Jogging Stroller and...||670 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom||1,150 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
This Graco jogger travel system is definitely designed for convenience. It allows you to easily transfer your kid from the car to the stroller. And with durable pneumatic wheels it permits walking and jogging on all terrains.
The stroller can accommodate a child up to 50 pounds in weight. While the car seat can hold babies weighing between 4-35 pounds, with a height of 32”.
- Click connect: a feature that makes transfer from car to stroller easy. You simply need to place the infant car seat on the stroller and the click sound assures you that it is secured.
- Multi-position recline: this allows you to adjust your kid to any position that suits him. You can even change a diaper if you want.
- Large storage space: the storage compartment comprises of the parent tray and the child tray. This extra large storage space allows you take items such as baby food, toys, diaper, cups and bottles along. You also have a phone holder and more space in case you decide to do a little shopping.
- Fast fold up: the stroller is easy to collapse and can be folded up with just one hand. All you have to do is pull a single strap and you are good to go.
- 5 point safety harness: this provides a secure but comfortable hold. It restricts your kid at the shoulders, crotch and waist.
- The stroller is highly rated for safety.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Folds up easily.
- Suitable for all terrains
- Occupies a lot of space.
- It does not recline to a flat position.
- The stroller shade doesn’t offer a full coverage without the car seat.
Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System, Hounds Tooth
EZ Ride 5 travel system is an amazing travel solution for parents. With a 3-wheel stroller, it offers exceptional maneuverability and a sharp turning radius. Such that with just one hand, you can easily push it along. It comes with a rear-facing infant car seat that can accommodate a child weighing about 5-30 pounds, with a height of 30”. The stroller on the other hand can accommodate toddler weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Click connect: the EZ flex loc keeps the car seat in place as soon as you attach it to the stroller.
- Head support: the carriage features a soft head rest for your kid’s comfort. This can be used for the car seat or the stroller.
- Large storage space: this comprises of a closed parent tray where you can store away baby essentials, two cup holders and a phone cradle.
- Adjustable handle: with this EZ feature, anybody can use this stroller no matter their height. All you have to do is adjust the handle to the height that suits you.
- 5 point safety harness: both the stroller and the car seat feature a 5 point harness that comprises of shoulder, crotch and waist straps.
- Multi-position reclining: this feature allows you to adjust your kid in any position that suits him.
- Peek-a-boo window: when the shade is down, your kid still has a perfect view of his surroundings.
- Easy fold: folding has never been easier; you only need one hand for this.
- 5 point safety harness is easy to use.
- Handle is adjustable.
- It is easy to maneuver.
- It is not suitable for rough terrains.
- The plastic wheels do not cushion against shock.
- Customers have complained that the cup holder and phone cradle are too small.
Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect Travel System Stroller, Finley
This is another Graco baby travel system, but this time it features a 4-wheel stroller and a lightweight built. Not only is the 22 pounds stroller easy to move, it is stable with a lower center of gravity.
- Click connect technology: this makes transfer from car to stroller easy without any hassle.
- Large storage space: with a large parent tray, two cup holders and a phone cradle, you can bring just about anything along when you go for a walk.
- Fast fold: the stroller takes only a second to fold up. Simply pull on the marked strap with one hand while holding on to your child with the other.
- Safety harness: while the stroller features a 3-point harness, the car seat features a 5-point safety harness that keeps your child in place.
- It is lightweight.
- Wheels offer high stability
- It is not suitable for bumpy terrains.
- Stain resistant fabric is not breathable.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom
This expedition jogger carriage is also one of the best car seat stroller combo. It features large pneumatic wheels that can be locked in place when you want to jog. But, if you prefer a low-speed smooth maneuvering, the swivel wheel can be unlocked for that as well. This all terrain carriage also permits easy transfer from the car to the stroller; thanks to the click connect technology.
- Large storage space: this comprises of a parent tray, two cup holders and a child tray. With these, you can bring along bottles, cups, food, snacks and diaper bag.
- Complete safety harness: this carriage features a 5-point safety harness and a tether strap. The safety harness locks your child in place, and the tether strap prevents the stroller from strolling away on its own.
- Adjustable canopy and reclining seat: not only can your kid take up any position that suits him, the canopy can also be adjusted to completely block the sun or wind.
- It is easy to fold.
- Features an ergonomic handle.
- Easy to assemble.
- Suitable for all terrains.
- It is heavy.
Graco Aire3 Click Connect Travel System
Graco Aire3 travel system comes with a sleek and lightweight design. It is built for moving your kid around easily, since it weighs less than 22 pounds. Also, the 3-wheel stroller has a sharp turning radius, and is easy to maneuver. You can easily move this stroller with just one hand.
- A medium size storage space: this travel system features a storage space that allows you carry essentials along. But it can only hold a cup, and other small items.
- Large adjustable canopy: it is the large canopy the Graco Aire3 features that makes it one of the best stroller car seat combo in the market. Its large canopy has an extension panel that can be adjusted for maximum coverage.
- Safety harness: the travel system also features a 3-point, 5-point safety harness that will certainly keep your kid in place, whether in the car seat or in the stroller.
- It reclines to a flat position.
- Extra large canopy offers maximum coverage from the sun.
- It is easy to maneuver.
- The handle is not adjustable.
- Storage space cannot hold a diaper bag.
- It is not suitable for a bumpy terrain.
Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Connect Travel System
This is also one of the best stroller car seat combo by Graco. The comfy cruiser baby travel system is a fashionable carriage that offers utmost comfort to your kid, whether he is in the car seat or latched in the stroller. It features a 4-wheel stroller that is stable and easy to maneuver.
- Click connect technology: this makes transfer from car to stroller easy without any hassle.
- Large storage space: with a large parent tray, a cup holder and a child tray, you can bring anything along when you go for a walk. And you don’t have to disturb your kid to reach them.
- Fast fold: the stroller takes only a second to fold up. Simply pull on the marked strap with one hand.
- Safety harness: the stroller features a 3-point harness or 5-point safety harness that keeps your child in place.
- The stroller is stable.
- It is affordable.
- The wheels are not suitable for bumpy terrains.
- It does not have shoulder straps.
- Safety straps do not have automatic adjustment.
Clearly, these are some of the best car seat stroller combo in the market. They may have a few differences, but one thing they have in common is convenience. Also, they all put into consideration safety, collapsibility, durability, as well as affordability. If you are looking for an exceptional baby travel system, I recommend any of these.